keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Sunday, September 29, 2013

sunday in fes

Waking up in the city of Fes in the country of Morocco, yesterday I woke in the city of Rabat and the day before that I awakened in Washington, DC. Amazing as always how hours, time zones and some form of transportation can transport us to someplace amazing! First impression...As we flew into Casablanca, I was struck by the terrain below. I didn't expect to see what appeared as farmlands stretched out like huge flat tapestries before being dotted with structural developments below.


I was even more in awe once we boarded the bus from Rabat to Fes, the countryside except when in the actual cities, is just so richly textured not with bright colors but with deep shades of browns, beiges, taupes, creams topped with perfectly aligned rows of olive trees and other green or fruity crops; cows, sheep, horses and donkeys roam the fields. Farm houses are indicative of the climate here, many quite vivid in colors, none that I saw are red or constructed of wood. Turns out that agriculture is government funded and endorsed making up 55% of the job market.


My jaw dropping moment came when we rounded a curve on the long winding back roads towards Fes and
there to my left rose this magnanimous white mountain glowing like a strange being as it towered over those surrounding it, so taken was I that I had to rouse my travel companions from much needed naps to marvel, our mouths stuck for several minutes in the OMG position (still trying to adjust my jaw)!


More to come, so...

keep your peepers open!®

ps...we spent many hours on the bus covering more ground than you can imagine, so other than the picture taken from the plane, these photographs were snapped while we were in motion, color may be off a bit but hopefully you get the idea

No comments:

Post a Comment