keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

luminous

in the dark there is some light…


This past Saturday, I stepped from the front door and for the first time in countless months, I felt no pain when I walked, was able to spend an hour or so moving about the rose garden that I had yet to visit this year to take photographs. The sun beamed across my limbs seeming to energize my body. Temperature and wind worked on my behalf so that it was easy to compose, or not, my shots. Just about every picture I took captured what I was after with one take.


As I headed back to my car, the limp caused by the need for my upcoming hip replacement surgery was barely noticeable though I knew it was there. For the rest of the day, it was if I had gone back in time three years to when all was well with my joint; it is now, that I knew and I so appreciated a gorgeous day, pain-free spent not only conversing with the flowers but with really good people at nice settings.


Since I made the decision to have surgery, a huge burden filled with all kinds of things that have weighed heavily on me lifted. Secrets I have kept for more months than I can count about how I’ve been feeling mentally, physically and emotionally are drifting away as I voice them. A sense of normalcy is returning as I embrace all that is luminous in preparation, so...

keep your peepers open!®


No comments:

Post a Comment