keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Sunday, June 1, 2014

to blog or not to blog

It dawned on me that I seem to have strayed from my original intention for the eclectic eye blog. When I first began, it was to be all about creativity (mine and others) with occasional forays into other topics. I didn’t factor in life and the many twists and turns that would lead me to ponder other issues that arise, new subjects that peak my interest, and yes politics, though I really have made a conscious effort to keep those blogs to a minimum. So I began to wonder if it’s time to wind this one down, move on to creating another or just stop writing one altogether.

Then it hit me -- writing is the creative form that sparked my desire to begin. I wanted a place to put down thoughts because I wasn’t using my journal as often as I had in previous years. The blog provided just the right platform; my dedication to posting every Sunday and Wednesday has not waned since I started. The subject doesn’t have to have a creative angle because matching pictures to thought is creative expression, sharing photographs is an extension of what I create through my lens. As a matter of fact, today’s pictures represent taking poetic license with a photograph using editing to change its appearance, a challenge I always accept.


You know, the truth is I look forward to my appointment with myself twice a week. Working on my blog brings me joy and satisfaction and though I hope others enjoy, deep down I know I do this for me; the eclectic eye grew into a passion. More to come, so…

keep your peepers open!®

No comments:

Post a Comment