keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Sunday, August 17, 2014

from the blender

I am still whipping up green smoothies and since I have time on my hands, decided to experiment. Have to admit, I did make some not so lip smackin’ versions, however, I finally arrived at one that I am willing to share because it is quite delicious (kid friendly too)!

virgin spinach colada

1 banana (to make thicker add ½ frozen banana)
big handful fresh spinach (1 cup packed)
½ cup frozen pineapple
1 cup coconut almond milk (my preference is Califia)
¼ tsp rum flavoring
1 tsp ground flaxseeds

Put all ingredients in blender and blend on smoothie or shake setting until very creamy. Pour into a glass, pop in a paper umbrella if you have one handy and a straw. Kick back and imagine you are in the tropics somewhere, lounging in a soft beach chair listening to the sound of the ocean washing against the sand, sunglasses perched on the tip of your nose, the blue and turquoise horizon stretching out as far as the eyes can see while you...

keep your peepers open!®

No comments:

Post a Comment