keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Sunday, August 10, 2014

from the mend

I’m not sure what speed time is moving in these days. Some mornings I wake and wink and day is done; others stretch out as long as the desert is wide as I wait for when I can climb back into bed for the night to give my leg and hip a rest from rehab.

My older sister came two weeks ago today to help me and honestly I don’t believe I would have made the progress that I have without her being here. Having a constant presence encouraged me to get up and get moving every day and though I couldn’t get out very often, we have managed to make the most of each day including watching both awful and informative TV! One evening, she stopped on PBS and much to my surprise, there was an actor from a hit TV show playing with a band in a club down in New Orleans. Who knew that Hugh Laurie could not only jam but also sings in a gravely drawl that I really enjoyed! I pulled out the electronics, ordered the CD and have now declared Let Them Talk as my soundtrack for the summer…a slow cool reminding me to let the mend do what it do, so from the mend...

keep your peepers open!®

No comments:

Post a Comment