keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

from the catalogs

Before I went in for surgery, I had to prepare all of the rooms in my home so I would be able to use a walker with no obstructions. This meant throwing out stacks of magazines used for collage purposes and lately, I’ve had a desire and really needed to get creative during the hours I am confined to being indoors. At the moment, I am not able to sit at my table to create artwork, pondered what I could do and where. And then it was clear as day -- use the catalogs I receive to source pictures then keep it simple by making torn paper collages, something I’ve done while perched in bed on countless occasions in the past when I was completely well.



It was wonderful to feel the sticky glue on my fingers again as I worked on small scale creations, one after the other. My plan is to make them as catalogs come in the mail pulling pictures and patterns that appeal to me, have used a couple as thank you notes for friends who sent thoughtful gifts to cheer me as I recuperate. I hope to get out my watercolors to continue making pieces for a project I started earlier this year. Not too sure that this is a good idea for the boudoir so as I now ponder this dilemma…

keep your peepers open!®

No comments:

Post a Comment