keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Sunday, May 15, 2016

ease

In my quest to shift the messages I speak internally and externally, I decided to replace the words obstacle, roadblock, brick wall, challenge, etc., with the word question when referring to moments on my life path that halt forward moving momentum. To me, something about those buzz words we use so easily infers a sense of insurmountability that the word question does not. Think about it…when you come to a stop in progress regardless of what’s causing it, there is a question or questions that are being posed or need to be asked then answered before taking the next steps. We answer questions every day; there is familiarity with, a certain ease when considering a question. When’s the last time you scaled a brick wall, jumped over an obstacle? Just typing those phrases mentally reminds me of the expenditure of energy needed to physically execute those tasks, precious energy that could be better used to follow through with implementing the answer once we’ve been still enough to hear the question(s).

I don’t like to waste energy on things that don’t require me to do so. Adapting a new approach for managing what is presented to me has pushed the stress level way down, made me think about my processes differently, prevented me from making rash decisions, helped me choose wise words, and improved my well being by bringing ease to almost everything I have to do. I sleep and wake without agitation, angst, or worry because I’ve change the script by which I operate. 

Whatever happens throughout the day and life is manageable when you decide to make it so. Figure out the messages you tell yourself that no longer work for you, change the words, be patient with yourself as you begin to practice what you are now preaching and…

keep your peepers open!®

No comments:

Post a Comment