keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Wednesday, May 4, 2016

getting back to...


The sharing of photos and short narratives from Cape May got a bit sidetracked due to more pressing things affecting my life however, the respite that was my time away is still with me, so let me get back to the moments that I recorded on paper, some thoughts also captured on film…

the waves when I arrived were ferocious and strong pounding the sand with power




having the beach to myself at sunrise is such a gift, one that I never tire of opening slowly, the ball of energy different each time and place




though cool the sun warmed me quickly as I strolled forcing me to peel off layers...it is so quiet out along the promenade, I can hear the sound of my sneakers talking with the pavement, squeaking as the sounds of waves crash against the sand, the birds chirping and air moving as it does… we don't even notice


seems like the waves have calmed down, splashing and lapping with a gentle quietness 


walking from the Sunset Pavilion, surprised by the little bunny wrestling around in the sand dune thickets, signs reminding those passing to not disturb the dunes and other cautions





the dolphins swim one direction in the morning, in the late afternoon they go back from where they came, playing and flipping as I walked along the beach my kite high in the air, the shells I like sparkling for me to see and collect along with others




I walked out to the front room just in time to catch a glimpse of the waves shimmering in the moon light, the water unaware of the tide...it's a beautiful thing; no matter what time I come into the front room or walk onto the deck, the view is spectacular





though the cottage served a continental breakfast, I did dine out one morning after my walk...unlike restaurants at home, no fancy tea cup or big fluffy Belgian waffles, these are more like the ones I ate as a child...




... and rather than take out dinner, I also parked myself in the booth of a restaurant a couple of times, one thing ties them and many of the stores together and that is Rock and Roll playing in the background

until the next time…

keep your peepers open!®

ps - july 17 & 21, 2013 posts are from my last trip to cape may, spring and summer are quite a different vibe


No comments:

Post a Comment