keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Wednesday, July 27, 2016

cool

Though I have traveled through Egypt for 14 days and actually got used to daily temperatures that rose well above 110 degrees, somehow I cannot acclimate to the heatwave that has spread into its second (or is it third?) week! I stepped outside at 6:00am the other day; my glasses immediately fogged up, the intense moisture in the air a cloaking steam bath. During these oppressive days, I move as quickly as I possibly can from one air conditioned location to another in an effort to not be overcome by the heat that rushes into my nose sending my sinuses and head into chaos. I’ve had to suspend my morning walks, which I’m not too happy about, climbing onto the treadmill instead, which doesn’t lend itself to taking photos. Thankfully I have a huge portfolio of images and when I came across this one, it cooled me off just looking at it.


I just want to immerse myself in the pool, stand under the water, feel the droplets splashing over me, cooling the heat of the summer. Maybe I should find a sprinkler to jump through, though that means a trip into the oven that our great outdoors has become. On second thought, perhaps not, so as I contemplate my options…

keep your peepers open!®

No comments:

Post a Comment