keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Wednesday, July 6, 2016

fish out of water


At first glance, this may seem to be a fish swimming in an aquarium; I assure you, it is not. As a matter of fact, the brass sculpture is pictured on a poster in front of some lush green leaves outside of a museum so I’ve titled this photo fish out of water. 

Sometimes I can relate. I find myself wondering how the heck I’ve arrived at a particular place/situation or better yet, why am I still in/dealing with said place/situation. Fortunately, I’ve rectified the latter when it comes to “place.” However, a few weeks ago I seemed to wade into situational waters that continue to be dicey; the curves in the stream don’t slow leading me to spots with pebbles being thrown from the shore. All I can say is that I’m grateful for my survival instincts that tell me when things are headed for disaster so gracefully, if possible, get out; the ability to quietly tread yet still make progress if land is not in site; the creativity that allows me to change direction in a split second if that will keep things moving in the right direction; and for my years of experience that have prepared me to do any or all of the above hopefully with a successful outcome.

Swimming upstream may create waves of fatigue, uncertainty, and even discord along the way. However, there is sureness, integrity, and a renewed strength to be found once you get where you’re going, so find comfortable strokes that work for you, be steady as you go and when you come up to take a breath…

keep your peepers open!®

No comments:

Post a Comment