keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Sunday, July 31, 2016

political thought

Politics has never been my favorite subject though I sometimes think there is a political pundit living inside me. I get a kick out of hearing the exact views I’ve shared with friends and family later expressed by paid commentators. During this highly controversial election year, when choice is not so clear, I find myself sifting between rhetoric, truth, the ridiculous; the circus of the absurd is part of the daily discourse and I’m all in when it comes to expressing my thoughts.

Both the Democrats and Republicans held conventions in weeks past; both parties had some hiccups on their respective day ones, both groups pressed on. While I have my thoughts about what I saw and heard, there is one message magnificently spoken by First Lady Michelle Obama that resonated with me -- “When they go low, we go high!” 

This quote is timeless, a seven word lesson for adults and children everywhere and one we really must master if we wish to avoid the consequences that eventually befall those who lack the courage, intelligence, and confidence necessary to walk the high road. Being able to rise above the negative allows us to stay on purpose, shows others that regardless of what they say or do, we will hold onto dignity, class and integrity; values that too many who run for both local and national offices abandon the moment they toss their hat into the center ring. 

Perhaps in a past life, I was a politician of some kind. In this life, I do have an opinion, respect the fact that others are entitled to theirs, and am keenly aware that we must pay close attention to what everyone is saying, more importantly to what they might be hiding or actually don't know a thing about, especially now as we prepare to go to the polls. This is no year to stay home, be sure to vote and…

keep your peepers open!®

No comments:

Post a Comment