keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Sunday, May 29, 2011

dove songs


I recall reading a passage about not being able to find bliss if you chase it. On my walk this morning, I took a detour from my chosen path to spend time in a paradise below street level that is the Hirshhorn Sculpture Garden. I haven’t visited this heavenly spot in over a year, decided to go today to escape the sun.

When my feet touched the walk at the bottom of the stairs, my pace immediately quieted. The soothing coo of doves guided me along until I came to rest in front of the meditation pool where a pleasurable breeze swirled to cool my heated body and kiss away beads of sweat from my upper lip and the hollow between my breasts. Refreshed, I eventually began to move on. As I rounded one of the corners in the garden, there to my delight were several doves. Not only do I love the peace and solitude of strolling among art in a natural setting but also happen to adore doves, finding the sound of their song and devotion to one another to be rather romantic. Stumbling onto their harmonious conclave may not sound like such a big thing to most. But there, at that moment in that place was my bliss.  

Let bliss find you, follow where it leads and make sure you…

keep your peepers open!®

No comments:

Post a Comment