keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Sunday, May 1, 2011

k.i.s.s. & tell

After a morning of running errands followed by hours of casually roaming around the flea market soaking up the warm sun and cool breezes, I realized it was close to 3:00pm. I hadn’t eaten anything all day (the raspberry lemonade cupcake from the curbside cupcake truck didn’t count and actually had been consumed just before I commenced my perusing…I do not eat and shop!). Walking to the car, I noticed some tulips doing their best to stand up against a pretty brisk wind; 40 minutes later, I put my camera away, felt completely famished and was tempted to pick up something fast. But better judgment prevailed heading me home to make a simple warm chicken sandwich, something I had made a week earlier and totally relished.

All you need is:

1) freshly cooked sliced chicken…I prefer slightly warm broiled boneless skinless organic chicken thighs --seasoned with salt, pepper and lots of garlic powder -- because it slightly wilts the lettuce but of course grilled and breasts are fine, just keep them warm;

2) mixed lettuces…use something with contrasting tastes and various colors as we do also eat with our eyes;

3) spicy mustard spread…my favorite is a raspberry honey, and;

4) a flat bread that, while the chicken is cooking, is heated in the oven until its edges are crisp...mine is a round Mediterranean wheat that I cut in two rather than split like a pita.

That’s all, nothing else.

I garnished my plate with blue potato chips and green slices of cucumbers under baby orange tomatoes drizzled with pink pomegranate vinaigrette and a few shakes of black pepper. A glass of cold organic green tea with honey in hand, I plopped down on the couch, turned on a movie and enjoyed a light late lunch that pleased both the palette and eyes.
 
This spring has demanded that I infuse into certain aspects of my life uncomplicated simplicity. So as I k.i.s.s. I will continue to tell and in the meantime…

keep your peepers open!®

No comments:

Post a Comment