keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

you've got mail

From: Me
To: Cowgirls
Re: Tin Woman
May 13, 2011 3:40 PM

Goddess help me if I EVAH think I can take time off for an extended period of time from exercising!!! I have been easing back into my morning walks and when I say easing I mean maybe once or twice (or not) a week for the past couple of months. This week, my feet hit the floor then headed out to the pavement every single day but this morning as I eased on down the road for 30 minutes with 30 minutes to go plus it had started to drizzle, my knees and right ankle stiffened up. There I was in mid step when I had to stop. All I could think was -- here stands the tin woman, a stylish cutie who already has a heart necklace to pin on her chest but where is that damn wizard when she needs an oil can!

BTW - I loosened up the joints with a little stretching, kept on going and made it home…will not be missing the AM routine for any length of time ever again…bouncing back this go round is way tougher than the last time I took a break.

As the weather beats a fast track to heat and humidity, I admit that I ventured off the reservation when it comes to food and exercise every so often during my winter hibernation. Though I feel and look younger than I am, the body constantly reminds me that if I want to keep it in sync with feeling and looking youthful, I can’t just sit on the rainbow taking in the view. Deliberate movement at least 5 to 6 days a week is now seriously a must witness the need for lubrication out on the yellow brick road.

My intention to eat healthy and not waste food also took some detours during the colder days as I found myself throwing out things I never ate because somehow, I ended up in the drive-thru instead of the refrigerator…THAT BAD CAR!!! This past weekend, I discovered a pint of blueberries buried behind a bag of lettuce, both on the verge of expiration. Determined to get back on the block, I baked a couple of golden delicious sprinkled with cinnamon, nutmeg and honey and tossed in those little blues. I gasped then had to chuckle at the deep plum colored apple slices that I placed over my Kashi waffles along with a few pecans and a drizzle of honey. They turned out to be a yummy, healthy treat after a walk in the rain -- both a better way to begin the day which leads me this…

From: Me
To: Cowgirls, other friends, family and loves and everyone else for that matter
Re: A Turn on a Phrase
May 18, 2011 6:27AM

Rather than grow old together, let’s grow better together.

And as we do, always…

keep your peepers open!®

ps … a pair of ruby red sequined sneakers are on order in case the oil isn't handy and I need to click my heels to get home!

No comments:

Post a Comment