keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Sunday, May 8, 2011

mother me

I sent out a Mother’s Day greeting to the Mother’s, Godmother’s and Grandmothers I know that also included the Mother’s who mother my projects and dreams. One of the recipients commented that she had not heard someone acknowledge those who have mothered our projects and dreams, that it was something to think about. But does it not take serious mothering to nurture, encourage, support, nudge, and believe in you enough to be right there as you actualize dreams and projects that are meant to become real and keep you from collapsing and not getting up when some of them fizzle into oblivion or go awry? I am fortunate to have lots of women in my life that, regardless of their or my age or how well or long we have been acquainted, have held my hand, written a check, offered me exhibitions, dropped off my artwork for a show when I was not well enough to do so myself, given me the opportunity to showcase my workshops, attended and fully participated in these events, opened doors unselfishly, put my needs before their own, stopped what they were doing to mop up the tearful flops, and never stop telling me how talented, creative and gifted they think I am.

I recently read something about the few joys that equal a good walk, a good friend and a good hug. The joy I feel walking my journey with good friends and many others who do a whole host of things that wrap around me like a hug that never lets go is immeasurable.


So today when all my mommies need to know just how much they mean to me, I wish them and mother's of all kinds all over the world the best day ever! And everyday…


keep your peepers open!®

No comments:

Post a Comment