keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Sunday, June 26, 2011

art about town

I am so fortunate to have lived and live in a place where art is all about town. Both NYC and DC have a plethora of museums and galleries with every kind of art imaginable on view seven days a week. The great thing about Washington is almost all of the museums are free of charge, not so in New York. But regardless of where you live, art is on display at no cost all around, you just have to open your eyes and mind. For example:

rich patina covers the thick chain on a old fire hydrant that has seen many a rainy day...


...after a rain storm, a beautiful landscape appeared in a puddle....


...and in another body of water, this time from the AM sprinkler, right beneath my feet was the reflection of a poster outside of one of the museums...


....I found more sidewalk art in this mosaic of glass and pebbles...


....and way above my head, a building in progress caught my attention, so I manipulated and cropped the photo...


... an electrical closet had some interesting markings on it along with a touch of nature....


...that I couldn't  help but add my own touch to just to see what it looked like...


...and not far away, graffiti that reminded me of the lines and curves in a Chinese word had found its way onto a metal closet below the traffic light...


...shadows from the sun cast the curves of a swooping light against the side of a wooden wall...


....and also created a little shadow play in the leaves and against the smooth edge of curving marble...


...and though I don't like to see trash on the ground, had to smile at the heart art litter...


...there is just so much art to see all about whatever town you live in if you just...

keep your peepers open!®

No comments:

Post a Comment