keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

taking shapes

 
June has announced herself with scorching temperatures and glowing sunrises in the District. I keep telling myself that I negotiated the intense heat of the Egyptian sun rather well last year so I should be cool this year. However, I’m not sure there’s much logic in that theory especially since the major difference between there and here is serious humidity! This moist, sticky air is just downright yucky! But with each season comes a new view of all that surrounds me providing a change in subjects for me to capture. When spring arrived, this girl turned her fancy to the birds, bees, flowers, trees and moon up above. With the onset of summer, my eye has begun to roam over manhole covers, odd structures, domes, old lamps, and fixtures on the top of buildings. Shapes and shadows are speaking to me, much like when I was abroad...




 




I haven’t stopped taking pictures of living things, but recall my visit to Egypt when my focus was on everything but for the most part until we visited the Montaza Gardens where I did manage to take some vegetation. However, as much as I adore flora, the green things that totally grabbed my eye were these huge antique lanterns that waited 'til after dark before they truly came alive.

Keep cool on these sweltering days and as always...

keep your peepers open!®

No comments:

Post a Comment