keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Sunday, June 12, 2011

gettin' to the greek

It took me forever to finally try Greek yogurt. Since I have an off and on relationship with all things dairy, I didn’t rush out to sample some after repeatedly hearing it touted by healthy eating, cooking and living magazines and chefs as an “it” food to consume. I don’t know exactly what prompted me to toss a few cartons into my shopping cart one afternoon. Perhaps this persistent heat, which has put a damper on my appetite, pushed me to seek easy eats that don’t require too much fuss, maybe the sweet tooth that I put in check months ago wanted satisfaction. I can’t say for sure but all I know is my first spoonful of thickness felt so smooth and creamy in my mouth that I now feel deprived if I don’t have several cartons of Greek in the fridge! I prefer to jazz mine up with fresh fruit and honey, have eaten it at all hours of the day. My favorite thing to do is add sliced bananas and honey to the plain variety then top it with crushed roasted cashews. I made this one evening when it was too warm and too late for dinner. To my surprise, not only was it satisfying but quite filling in a light sort of way and has become a go to meal on these nights when the thought of food is a not much of a thought as I drag myself out of the furnace! 

Yiamas and…

keep your peepers open!®

No comments:

Post a Comment