keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

water watch

I remember the first time I went sailing. Gliding across the glimmering surface, I let my hand drop into the peaceful ocean; it created a rippling design that trailed behind the boat and held my attention. Much like when I sit down to collage or go out with the camera, I fell into a meditative state watching the water. Thinking about it now, I would compare what happened before my eyes to conducting a photo shoot when the shutter clicks in rapid succession. The pictures changed from second to second, each with its own unique image but, unlike having a contact sheet to view, these natural photos were momentary, disappearing as quickly as they appeared, never to be seen again. My desire to gaze at new ones draws me to the water’s edge as often as I can get there, truly elated that a business trip allowed me to indulge in a few minutes of water watching this week...and oh, what sparkling creations I beheld.

keep your peepers open!®

No comments:

Post a Comment