keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

have a seat

I purchased a new camera! In addition to my tried and true little Lumi (Panasonic Lumex that has produced some spectacular images, two published in a national magazine, many sold to various art enthusiasts), I now have Kiki, a Nikon with lots more zoom that I hope will uncover a deeper visual voice and produce equally arresting photographs for publishing, sale and pleasure. On my maiden voyage with her, I took more than 160 pictures of which maybe 10 if that were up to my standard. However, I was happy with my first effort and here’s one floral I’d like to share…


It does take some getting used to switching from one camera to the other; it will take practice to capture things in a manner that I feel are ready for their close-up. For that reason, I carried Lumi in my pocket on that maiden voyage and though she was unable to catch a humming bird flitting amongst the blossoms in the distance, she did justice to this bench tucked into a shady corner of the peaceful Asian-inspired garden just outside the Arthur M. Sackler Gallery (http://asia.si.edu/).


As I shot it with both cameras, I remembered that it’s been awhile since I invited you to have a seat. So while I continue moving about to sharpen the focus of this new eye, please sit on down, pause for a few moments to take several deep breaths, quiet your mind and…

keep your peepers open!®

No comments:

Post a Comment