keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Sunday, September 22, 2013

ladies in waiting

If you follow this blog, you know that Nina Simone tops the list of my most favorite singers. You would also know that more often than not, when I sit down to the table, female vocalists create my surround sound as my fingers create paper compositions. While working on the commissioned piece I spoke of in previous writings, another goddess let me know she was a lady in waiting. Thankfully, and based on who she was to be, she was gracious enough to allow her predecessor to debut before she took her place on the table a week ago today.


Sunday in Savannah is a tune by Nina that I find myself humming every so often. Though it was not part of the soundtrack last Sunday, this bold belle made of tones and patterns that to me, when complete, had a feel of southern days past gone appeared to gently remind me of how much I enjoy working in this style where I make a collage using hundreds of clippings. For me they are puzzles whose picture reveals only after the pieces are put together never to be taken apart and put back together again. Talk about brain stimulation, these creations are a challenge as I piece together an intricate design that once finished exudes a personality that tells me who she is only after she arrives. That said, while thumbing through a bunch of catalogues this past week, my eyes feel another lady waiting to show me who she is to be so...

keep your peepers open!®

No comments:

Post a Comment