keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Sunday, October 26, 2014

hood walk

Last Sunday I realized it was time to get back to sunday snaps on a weekly basis. I put on one of my favorite turtlenecks and headed out for a long stroll through my neighborhood to get reacquainted. It was a gorgeous day, sun high in the sky, cool temperatures, a gust of wind pushing me forward every so often; the kind of weather that makes me feel alive. I marveled at hundreds of birds in flight as they circled around the buildings casting shadows.


For more than 10 minutes I stood captivated as they continued to fly and dive in unison like a huge swarm of joyous wings daring that building to get in their way. It was stimulating!

A hotel is going up around the corner. I heard it might be a Westin, one of my favorites and the site just rises up quickly into the blue sky.


And fall is everywhere…





As I approached my dwelling, I had to stop, still…head tipped towards the sun to let it warm my face and body. There is something so glorious about an autumn afternoon in October which now is a week away from being November so get on out there and…

keep your peepers open!®


No comments:

Post a Comment