keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

nature paints

I do love abstract art particularly oil, acrylic or watercolor paintings. There is something quite freeing about standing before works that challenge me, make me wonder what the artist was thinking, what ideas, conversations, feelings, etc. they wanted to evoke/provoke. I am even more stimulated when I come upon abstracts in nature. As I walked along enjoying clean warmth after several chilly humid days, I came upon a wild and overgrown plant full of leaves of various sizes in varying stages of decay. I noted the sun dancing across the surfaces of some that weren’t completed shaded, glints of light reaching out to my retina, stopped to study the colors and textures of veins, stems, and surfaces. I took in then took photos of the entire plant, mostly this one leaf as it by itself held my attention for I don’t know how long, so exquisite it was to me. Larger than all the rest, it was delicately flawless with tattered edges and colors that shifted ever so slightly in hue as the breeze and time blew by.

Nature paints all over the place each and every day, so…

keep your peepers open!®

No comments:

Post a Comment