keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Sunday, October 18, 2015

creative passport

My plans to escape to exotic lands abroad have been thwarted for various reasons this past year. While my body has not left the country, my mind, soul and spirit have been on contemplative journeys both short and long each day. Some of these moments are accompanied by music which at times moves me along the path. Others have sparked a flurry of writing allowing me to complete short stories, poems or narratives that were waiting for me to finish thoughts previously jotted down in journals or electronically. Recently I’ve pulled out the paints, popped in some CD’s and who knows how many hours later risen from the table to retrace my steps, marveling over where I’ve been; I grab the camera to capture the locations, find that with some embellishment are so many more roads to traverse, then, once explored, frame the pictures as if I’d seen them in a museum somewhere.





Delighted, I clean up, floating or dancing to the music I’m not sure I heard as my hands orchestrated the stops while I was away with a bit of impatience -- I know not when the next trip will come but sure am ready to go!

Do you have a creative passport? If you’re not using it, dust it off. Let it be the vehicle that takes you places without having to leave the building and as you move along…

keep your peepers open! ®

No comments:

Post a Comment