keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Sunday, October 4, 2015

this past last

It has been overcast and rainy for the past week; I’m in the mood for some sun! For me, gray skies and downpours are a signal to retreat to cozy indoor options. Normally when nature’s waterworks are in play, I turn on some music, gather up magazines then hop into bed with a cup of tea as the melody outside my windows provides background sound. I know that rain is necessary, that the lack of it in some parts of the country contributes to wild fires of devastation however, I don’t relish having to move about outside when we get a pour. That said I don’t know what got into me last week. Maybe it was the change in vacation plans due to the wet weather stretching up the east coast from the Caribbean, perhaps it was the many celebrations that started my time off. Whatever the reason, I found myself dressed and out almost every day returning home feeling invigorated by the chill in the air, the moisture on my skin. Waking up on my birthday to a sunless sky did not dampen my spirits in the least in fact I was reminded of a promise to myself to go outside as I did when I was a child to let the rain soak me from head to toe; that is just one of the gifts I gave myself yesterday as I rang in the start of another year of life so I await the next gush from the clouds. In the meantime, I’m in the mood for some SUN so…

keep your peepers open!®

ps -- Here’s to all who celebrate a Libra and/or October birthday; yesterday was just fabulous! Grateful for family, friends, creativity, and so much more, most thankful for the affirmation of life contained in each breath I am granted. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment