keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Sunday, October 11, 2015

i v

Lots of things going on around me as I continue to celebrate my birthday but here’s a peek at notes from my journal about a more local getaway that was a nice substitute for not being farther away from DC…

10/4 The Ivy is a drop of fabulousness in Baltimore just a hop, skip and jump from train station. In a residential area, windows keep almost all of the outside noise outside. Really more like a B&B as there is no "front desk" per se; sat down in a lush velvet/suede turquoise chair at an antique desk to review my room agreement and noted...there is no tipping here, that those who work may not accept gratuities. Attentive, knowledgeable staff, met me with glass of champagne when the taxi arrived though I never said when I would get here! Took my bag and saw it again when I arrived in my room after a tour. Went down for tea and light late lunch. Love that you can order popcorn which was fresh popped with choice of toppings, made me feel like home and there is no such thing as an honor bar...room is stocked with snacks, tea, coffee, beverages and some alcohol to consume at your pleasure, no additional charge. Cashmere blankets drape the couch, the chair on the bedroom and the bed…love a snuggly blanket and cashmere. Nice surprise to be upgraded to a suite in this totally gorgeous property!





Lots of parlors downstairs to relax in each a different decor, one has a cool antique pool table.









Beautifully appointed dining room that, if you are a guest, can be reserved to host meetings in.



10/5 Woke around 4:30am surprised by the light that automatically turns on in the water closet just before I stepped across the bathroom threshold. Since I didn't soak last night, I lit three candles, turned on the water to begin drawing a warm bath, sprinkled in salts softly fragranced with pear, found soothing meditation sounds on my iPad and lowered myself into a cocoon, the shape of the white egg cradling my body, its curvaceous high back providing a comfortable rest for my head. Calmed by candlelit peace, I closed my eyes as the water continued to rise, a blanket to cover me in warmth. Misty dew covered my face...how long had I been lost in stillness? I lifted my foot to prop it on the edge of the tub...that light in the water closet said it was time for me to emerge...motion sensors do have their pros and cons!


Big disappointment w spa which totally threw my day off...only had massage no pedi, missed tea. They did offer a comp service, took something off the bill and gave me a gift however, my relax flow was broken for a bit.




Need to come back because I didn’t sit out on the veranda or go to the restaurant which is closed on Sundays and Mondays.






This is truly a home away from home (sans a kitchen) with lots of extras; they've got a great formula, hope it takes off as this is a very new property that just opened in August.


My stay at The Ivy revived me. I will return for another infusion of luxurious good care so…

keep your peepers open!®





1 comment:

  1. The Ivy looks absolutely divine. I am so glad that you were able to find your "sacred space" in Baltimore.

    ReplyDelete