keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Wednesday, October 7, 2015

don't wait

Within you is the capacity to manifest the memories you wish to have, don’t wait for others to create
them for you.

 - Tina S. Lassiter

Some of my most cherished memories from childhood include birthday celebrations especially when dressed in a fluffy party dress with its crinoline beneath, a bow to accessorize my braided hair, lots of kids around a table with a homemade cake at the center, party games with favors for my friends, and presents just for me to unwrap. Over the years, there have been a few surprise parties which were delightful along with a variety of fun activities and gatherings initiated by me. I’m not sure when I made the decision to take the day off on my own personal holiday, the beginning of my own personal new year but I’m so glad I continue to give myself that present annually. More recently, I have orchestrated trips abroad on or close to my birth date and if I cannot be out of the country, will find a get-away more often than not involving a spa. A birthday signals my time to rejoice with others or all by myself and while it has been marvelous when someone else plans the merriment, I don’t wait for others to ensure that I do something that brings me joy, this year was no exception (check back Sunday for a recount of just one of the things I did).

Do things you want to do, go to places you’ve dreamed of, splurge every now and again, gather your tribe to celebrate everything or simply nothing at all not only for your birthday, but anytime you wish. Live at whatever volume you desire and as you do…

keep your peepers open!®

1 comment:

  1. Everyday I strive to "turn up the volume of my life". Memories are my most valuable asset! I love your last paragraph and I hope to keep this as a mantra for my life.

    ReplyDelete