keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Sunday, December 26, 2010

after post

I love snow on Christmas but can’t remember when was the last time I had a white one so I got a tiny bit giddy when I peeped out the window yesterday and saw flurries. The weather folks had been predicting a storm, then took it back, then said maybe, then I stopped dreaming of waking up to what I think makes the holiday all the more magical. But on this post Xmas day, they say that snow really and truly is on the way. Hooray! (Guess the thought has stirred the Seuss in me.) While I wait, first pair of UGGS at the ready (I finally capitulated this season because my short boots were no match for the deep snows I tromped around in earlier this year), I am going on line to take advantage of great discounts that did not exist the day pre Xmas on two staples in my winter wardrobe. Shopping by candlelight under the warmth of cashmere covers, a cup of nutty hojicha green tea at my fingertips…I feel for all those out at the malls who may not be aware that snowflakes are about to cover the ground because the weather people couldn't seem to pinpoint when or if it's really going to all come down.

keep your peepers open!®

ps – As I was about to post, I got this picture from my close friend who is in a place where a white Christmas can only be in one’s dreams. The warmth of sand on my toes rather than wiggling them around in the fluff of my boots…now I’m dreaming…

No comments:

Post a Comment