keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Sunday, December 5, 2010

do you

It's my me time weekend, the gift I decided to give myself when I got back from my October travels. The first Saturday and Sunday of each month, I turn off the electronics, eat healthy with the exception of one or two treats that vary depending on what I'm feeling, visit a tranquil spa for a hot stone massage or mud wrap followed by a pedicure and get my hair coiffed. My creative self awakens to explore artistic endeavors if there is something to uncover; I read, doze, catch up with myself as I catch my breath. When I wake on Monday I am restored.

These weekends really do revive me, give me the energy to propel through the month ahead and serve as something to look forward to during stressful moments should they present themselves. So it should go without saying that I do not entertain stress producers of the human sort during my sacred 48 hours but am perfectly happy to invite close friends into the inner sanctum to share a meal, tea, conversation. I take this time so seriously that it is now booked on my calendar through 2011. And why not, we schedule everything else don’t we? A break from the daily to take care of ourselves really should rank right at the top of things to do, should be honored by self and others. Honestly, shutting it down for a couple of days makes me better, keeps me sane, more focused.

The spa may not be your respite of choice, you may not be able to designate an entire two days to do you but get creative. Design some time with your signature all over it. And don’t wait until January 1 to declare it as a resolution that won’t be kept, make it a holiday gift that will keep on giving…you’ll thank me later.

keep your peepers open!®

No comments:

Post a Comment