keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Sunday, December 12, 2010

the season's bright

The weekends are flying by as we countdown to Christmas and I’m not ready. I used to have all my shopping completed well before Thanksgiving. If I decided to send cards, they were the first one of the season my recipients received even the years I handmade them. I abhor the craziness of Christmas crowds! But scurrying around this weekend to finish gifts, drop off token presents, support friends who have small shops, and pick up items for holiday gatherings really wasn’t all that bad leaving me enough sane energy to finally sit down to address cards which I did remember to order from UNICEF last month. I think having music accompanying me as I moved from place to place was one of the reasons my spirits stayed high, my steps peppy.

Try as I might, I can't resist adding to my collection of holiday music every year. My favorite new addition for 2010 is Christmas Cheers by Straight No Chaser. Upbeat twists to or cool arrangements on classic selections, a couple of songs new to my ears, the a cappella sounds swing, glide, pop, float and keep me smiling from the first beat to the last. I have yet to take it out of rotation when I reload the CD player.

Music really does make the season brighter and if you wait 'til after Christmas, the cost is a little lighter; I always buy just one more CD at sale price to put away for the following December 1. It's the first present I unwrap to start off the holidays (I still can’t decide which rendition by Andrea Bocelli made me shed the most tears, The Lords Prayer or my all time Christmas favorite, Oh Holy Night sung in Italian. I get weepy no matter who sings it or what language it’s sung in much like I do towards the end of It's a Wonderful Life which is coming on now, so keep your ears and…)

keep your peepers open!®

No comments:

Post a Comment