keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

glitterati

For those who read this blog on a regular basis, you know how connected I am to nature, how much it inspires my creative energy be it written or visual. So it goes without saying that I was one of the many in the world who stood outside in the dark of the solstice morning gazing at the eclipse. That is until my body went numb ‘cause I live where it was rather chilly at that time of the AM. No longer able to distinguish my feet from the ground on which they stood, I rushed upstairs to leap back under my comforter; the warmth was invigorating rather than quieting so I settled down not for a long winter’s nap but to separate thoughts about what I had just witnessed from others that danced in my head.

A lunar eclipse occurs when the moon passes behind the earth so that the earth blocks the sun's rays from striking the moon. In other words the light of the sun is not able to shed its light on the moon because the earth is in between…sort of like moments in life when we are torn between decisions, can’t see beyond what is obvious, are not close enough to the end of the tunnel to feel the glimmer of light on our faces. But hopefully with perseverance and maybe a little nudging from those who care, we find a way back to our orbit.

I heard Oprah paying homage to her best friend during a recent on air interview. In part she said that Gayle was, “…the therapy I didn’t have and the therapy I don’t need.” No truer words were spoken when it comes to my friends. Goddess knows I have saved millions of dollars and hours on a couch as they spent hours on the phone to save me. My friends are like planets that revolve around me when my world is off course. Never blocking my light they only stand in my way when I can’t get out of my own to keep me from spinning into outer space. If for some reason my glow dims, their energy is what makes me shine bright until I can plug in to my own reserves. Their rays of wisdom wash over me when I am prostrate with disappointment, lifting me to be sun-kissed by the moon of a night sky as many times as needed until I am once again happy, healthy, whole and completely full. Orbiting through life with them is a blast. Never dull, we glitter like millions of twinkling stars be it morning, noon or night and whether I am with one, all, or a combination of some, it's like being in the Milky Way of love.

...and we sure can make a lot of noise, so...

keep your peepers open!®

No comments:

Post a Comment