keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

beach scenes

Riding the ferry reminded me of summer trips to Martha’s Vineyard though at this stage in my life I found the boat to be relaxing…


…as a teen all I wanted to do was get off so I could get with my friends! Now, I appreciated the view.


Arrived earlier than expected so I poked in and out of the shops, stopped for nourishment (had the best BLT...aside of course from the ones my grandma made),


and happily observed nature…


Strolled along glad that my room would be ready when I got back to the hotel and there rushing down the sidewalk was a little bird moving as if he was late for a very important date! He made eye contact with me; I thought he would fly away. Not! He just kept right on his mission and when he was in front of me, he looked up, turned left and headed down an alley! Too funny.


Spotted three dolphins out amongst the waves, later several. Seeing them was my reward for going out at 5:30AM to walk the beach. Photos were hard to get and then I realized this unexpected moment was meant to imprint not print. After two hours of surf, sand, shells, seagulls and sunrise,



I walked along the edge of the ocean


marveling again at its vastness as I made my way towards the path that lead back to the front porch where I plopped down sticky, sweaty and smiling inside and out.


Though I still have a cold, somehow it seems manageable here at the shore, my chicken soup for mind, body, soul and spirit. What’s yours?


keep your peepers open!®

No comments:

Post a Comment