keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Sunday, July 7, 2013

body stop

On July 4th, I celebrated successfully completing 209 class hours and 5 certifications in less than a year while still --

working a very demanding at given times "9-5" that in June, the end of the fiscal year, just percolates with serious intensity and yet, I kept pace while preparing for a final exam,

foregoing my annual birthday vacation abroad by instead getting up early during the trips I took for educational/business purposes to take photographs which I edited in the evenings to substitute as my getaway time,


managing to begin and pretty much sustain a morning mindful meditation practice followed by a combination of self acupressure & Reiki,

shifting things in my home and purging closets,

being quietly consumed and overwhelmed by the unexpected death of a friend that resurrected unresolved issues over the suicidal death of someone I loved,

facilitating a few workshops,

posting this blog twice a week without fail,

finding time to create new collage and photographic works in addition to prepping for and being part of an exhibition that gratefully I was asked to participate in,


navigating through recurring hip and sciatic back pain that thankfully led me to chiropractic visits (yikes...three times a week for not sure how long!),

pursuing with gentle tenacity, vision, faith and belief some things I hoped would happen (one thing has, stay tuned) and

committing on paper rather than allowing to get lost in my head concepts for life passions that I keep adding to rather than abandoning for another less hectic time --

by climbing into bed with a choco-nana-almond shake, magazines to nourish all that is bubbling, Pandora and a promise to only get up when necessary; my body said stop, I listened.

In the face of all that is stated above never did I give rise to thoughts or energy to anything I may not have accomplished celebrating instead all that was, is and is to be. Not sure I can tell you how liberating that felt on Independence Day 2013. Hope yours was bursting with chosen moments and that you will always...

keep your peepers open!®

No comments:

Post a Comment