keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

mimic

I love it when my photographs mimic my collage work. It’s never on purpose, always an “oh wow” moment when I see before me a captured floral that is so like a particular goddess. The delicate femininity of this sensual image, which I have entitled bathing beauty,


immediately brought to mind some of my earlier collage goddesses, the biggest difference being the simplicity in design and tones of the flower versus the complexity of the hundreds of cut pieces in wild varied colors that comprise the full shape of a woman’s torso.

Both of these pieces evoke a sense of eroticism in their curvaceous position; a tickled tingle rushed through me as the editing on the photo was complete.

In life as in art, the beautiful moves in the curves.
- Bulwer-Lytton

So very true.

keep your peepers open!®

No comments:

Post a Comment